The National Association of Councils on Developmental disabilities is seeking to hire an Operations Administrative Assistant.
Operations Administrative Assistant
The National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities (NACDD) is a national non-profit organization that serves as the membership organization for the 56 Councils on Developmental Disabilities (DD Councils) across the United States and its territories. The DD Councils receive federal funding to support programs that promote self-determination, integration, and inclusion for all people in the United States with developmental disabilities.
Polished, organized and diligent Operations Administrative assistant needed to support a small DC-based nonprofit. In this role, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive operations and administrative support to the CEO and other team members. Responsibilities include scheduling, organizing and submitting various financial reports, assisting with events management and leading our social media efforts.
The operations administrative assistant will report directly to the CEO and the Deputy Director, Operations
Commitment of 40 hours per week is required. Due to changing/flexible needs of the NACDD, it is understood that additional hours may be required, and from time-to-time, flexibility in arrival and departure time may occur.
- Maintain calendar
- Travel scheduling and booking
- General administrative support
- Record all accounts receivable into ledger
- Process all invoices received and send payments
- Work with outside accounting firm to ensure all monthly, quarterly and annual reports have the correct information by providing the resources needed
- Other duties as assigned
Communications and social media
- Maintain the NACDD Facebook page by updating daily
- Work with outside communications consultant to develop monthly social media strategy
- Work with other staff as needed on communications needs
- Attend staff and board meetings, staff retreats and other meetings as deemed necessary
- Articulate NACDD’s work and philosophy to the public
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate staff member
- Work with Deputy Director to schedule staff meetings and provide follow-ups
- Performs a variety of Internet research functions and uses word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Other duties related to operations and administration as assigned
Ideal candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of relative experience; advanced technical knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite; superior communication, writing, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Candidates must be flexible and sensitive to confidential matters
Please send resume to Robin Troutman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities (NACDD) provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to social and economic background, political affiliation or belief, race, color, gender identity, ethnicity, religion, mental or physical disability, national origin, current and/or former service member status, sexual orientation, health status, age, physical characteristics or marital status, and promotes the full implementation of this policy through a positive, continuing program of outreach.