UPDATE: The Call for Proposals for the 2017 NACDD Annual Conference has now closed! Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal! Selections will be made soon.
The year’s conference will feature important discussion on how advocates, family members and professionals are ensuring A Quality Life for all people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Participants will listen to experts, parents, siblings, and self-advocates on topics ranging from education, employment, first responder training, community building, healthcare and more.
We invite those with knowledge and expertise working in the field of developmental disabilities to submit ideas for presentations related to the theme: A Quality Life: Count Me In!
Plenary topics at the NACDD 2017 Annual Conference will focus on:
- Impact of public policy on people with disabilities
- Examples of potential breakouts could include, but are not limited to: WIOA, HCBS rule, Self-Direction, Supported Decision-Making
- Engagement of people with I/DD in their communities and beyond
- Examples of potential breakouts could include, but are not limited to: Recreations, Paralympics, community building, advocacy
- Innovation strategies to tackle barriers to quality
- Examples of potential breakouts could include, but are not limited to: Caregiver crisis, transportation, supporting a self-advocacy organization
The submission form will be put on the 2017 Conference page on our website very soon. If you have a proposal/project/presentation that supports the conference theme, please complete the form and send it to Robin Troutman via email, firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2017.
We look forward to reading your submissions and seeing you in Salt Lake City this summer!